Thursday, October 29, 2009

October 29 - Luang Probang

Sunset in Luang Prabang, Laos
Kate and I scooting about town.

Paul and Mira on their bike.



A weaver at the guild.

Hi all, we haven't added a blog in a bit.. the internet is soooooooo slow it is all very painful. We have a very fun day yesterday. We rented bikes and rode all over town.. It was way fun. So we have gone from traveling with seat belts and car seats to driving in tuktuks and now bikes. The bikes are great. They have a seat much like a motorcyle seat on the back where the kids sat while Paul and I provided the muscles. I had it easy with Kate an
d Paul hauled Mira around. There just weren't any rentals small enough for her to go on her own. We visited a weavers' guild and learned a great deal about dying and making fabrics here and spent some money on souvenirs. It was very informative.

Today we went off to the waterfalls and enjoyed a dip in the limestone water - the colour of turquoise. Very neat. We are off to Ventiane on Saturday by bus. I will try to post a photo or two before then.
bye for now sharon

5 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic guys. I must say you all look much happier now. Big smiles!!! You've found you pace and lovely space.
    Have fun! Our family has split for a few days. Lily and I off to SaPa and Ray in Ho Ch Minh.
    xoxo
    Krit et al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous in Laos. Not how I imagined it all. Nice bikes!
    Love,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sharon and Paul,
    Check your e-mail. I sent you a message about Hanoi and us meeting up.
    Cheers,
    Krista

    Maybe we could have Rice for dinner in honour of Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love the parasols! I love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys
    It looks like you are having a great time. All the best.
    Shane

    ReplyDelete