Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Vancouver


Hi all,

We have had lovely weather here in Vancouver. The fall colours in Stanley Park were surprisingly bright and brilliant. We had a fun 5 km walk along the seawall yesterday and saw a group of sea lions frolicking in the water. A crowd quickly gathered for the show and before long the police boat floated by to see what was the cause of the gathering. Mira bravely waved a hello to the cops and they continued on their way.

This is one of those seal lions... cheese!

Kate is practicing her Tai Chi on the beach.

Paul and I each took advantage of the great running trails in Stanley Park to get some exercise before the flight.

We are getting ready, mentally and physically for our big flight. I really don’t know how many activities I need to keep the kids happy and busy during a fourteen-hour flight. I imagine it will be like being stuck in a closet with a t.v. and a bunch of activities during an all day rain… wish me luck.

Next blog- from Asia.

2 comments:

  1. ava says:
    I miss my favorite girl cousins!!!!!
    David, Bobby and I will take good care of Alice...
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
    kisses
    eat some dim sum for me!
    love iggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon, Paul et al,
    Sounds like you're reving up for a fantastical time. We are presently in Dali China near the Burma border. If I can give you one word of advice I'd say try to stay at as many Hostel like places as possible. At the hostels/guesthouses at least there is an infastructure for helping travellers in English. It is a huge help. Your lonely planet book is a guide but like always, so is the networking within the hostels itself. Many of the hostels have "family type rooms" so youcan all stay together.
    Good luck, you will do really well. Let us know where you are so we cna keep track and to meet up if we are close. We are heading to Vietnam on for around the 24th of October.
    Krista

    ReplyDelete